We are making efforts to further our mission, this is why we are recruiting for the under listed positions:
Job Position: Programme Officer
Job Location: Nigeria
- He/she should be one who monitors,initiates and controls -and closes specific projects/programs of The Academy (which have the overall objective of gathering evidence to inform policies and programs)
- He/she manages projects/programs
- He/she will be one who identifies and gathers research materials as directed
- He/she should be one who facilitates flow of information among programme staff, fellows, external experts, consultants etc.
- He/she performs project documentation – report writing and editing of completed projects.
- He/she is also involved in writing fund raising letters and visits to possible funders for proposed projects.
- He/she does the research/ proposal writing
- He/she is the one who writes proposals (including budgetary and concept notes for grants to various projects
- He/she assists the preparation of graphics and presentations
- He/she manages projects from initiation to completion (includes budget preparation, sourcing of resource persons – e.g. speakers, consultants, fellows etc. for the project/program).
- Also his/her duty is to control and monitor project execution; ensuring that deliverables are timely and project is completed within time, scope and budget.
- He/she conducts background research on topics for current and proposed studies/projects
- He/she also conducts database, website and literature review in national and international publications
- He/she also checks facts and references for report and journal publications
Qualifications and Experience
- He/she must have an excellent first university degree in the Sciences (Physical Sciences may be an advantage)
- He/she should also have a postgraduate degree in the sciences would be an advantage.
- He/she should also have a minimum of 2 years relevant post- qualification experience; 1 of which must have been spent at Strategic middle/senior management level in a program management role in a research organization or a donor funded initiative.
Expected Competencies Required:
- A scientific Knowledge
- A teamwork and collaboration
- Very innovative & creativity
- One that shows Integrity
- One that can control conflict resolution
- A good oral and written communication
- One that has customer orientation
- A good scientific advocacy & policy knowledge
- A good business and financial Acumen
- An alliance management
- A good work planning attributes
See Also : NYSC Batch A 2018 Mobilization Timetable
Job Position: Programme Manager
- Responsible for developing and managing the convening and consensus activities of The Academy (e.g. workshops, studies, fora, stakeholder meetings etc.)
- He/she sees to the good documentation of all research findings and output from in out of the Academy
- He/she also coordinates and organises both internal and external reviews of reports and ensures prompt publication of these reports to international standards.
- He/she oversees project/programme execution
- He/she also drafts materials and reports for final publication Contributes technical knowledge to proposal development
- He/she also manages dissemination of technical reports
- He/she also manages The Academy’s intellectual products
- He/she supports the Council in strengthening The Academy’s relationship with the scientific community
- He/she oversees the preparation of publications including reports, brochures, newsletters, and journals.
- He/she supports fund raising Develops/brochures prospectuses to raise funds for new projects or project components
- He/she prepares reports of meetings and other Academy activities
- He/she designs and manages programme activities of minimal/moderate complexity
- He/she also develops project implementation strategies and budgets
- He/she also ensures project implementation meets objectives
- He/she ensures the Academy’s programme activities meet strategic goals
- He/she is in charge of onducting and supports scientific (healthcare) research
- He/she prepares background papers and technical summaries
- He/she also coordinates science based meetings and workshops
- He/she synthesizes and edits research findings and technical data, and determines relevance of the data.
- He/she conducts background research on topics and writes proposals for new programmes/projects
Qualifications and Experience
- He/she must have a minimum of 5 years relevant post-qualification experience -2 of which must have been spent at Strategic Senior Management level in a program management role in a research organisation or a donor funded initiative.
- He/she must have an excellent first University degree in the Sciences
- He/she must have an advanced post graduate degree in the sciences would be an advantage.
- A Strategic perspective
- An Oral communication & written communication
- A Leadership Organisational awareness
- A Customer orientation
- A Scientific advocacy & policy knowledge
- Work planning attributes
- A Teamwork and collaboration
- A spirit of Innovation & creativity
- A Scientific knowledge
- A Business and financial acumen
- An Alliance management
- A Conflict resolution Coaching
Method of Application
All interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in a Microsoft Word document format to: email@example.com
Make sure you use the “Job Title and your surname & Initials” as the subject of the email.
Also be informed that all applications will be treated with good confidence. We will only invite shortlisted applicants.
All application Closes on 27th February, 2018.