Are you among those wondering about when Nigeria Prisons Service Recruitment 2019 would commence? This post will guide you on the recruitment requirements and process. If you wish to apply successfully then ensure to read till the end.
The agency Nigeria Prison Service is under the supervision of the Ministry of the Interior and the Civil Defence Immigration and Prisons Board. This commission provides jobs for youths both graduates and undergraduates. With this, unemployment in Nigeria can be curbed or reduced to its minimum.
- He/she must be a Nigerian citizen by birth.
- He/she must not be less than 18 years or more than 35 years of age;
- He/she must not be less than 1.7 metres in height for male and 1.64 metres for female;
- He/she must have a fully expanded chest measurement of not less than 0.87 metres;
- He/she must be certified by a Government Medical Officer to be physically and mentally fit for appointment into the Service;
- He/she must not be suffering from any form of mental physiological or physical disability;
- He/she must be free from any form of financial embarrassment or any related thing;
- He/she must be of a good character and must not have been found guilty of any criminal offence;
- Those with any of the following medical cases need not to apply:
- Sight problem;
- Hearing difficulties;
- Previous major orthopedic operation;
- Flat foot;
- Fracture, stammering or any other natural disability;
- Pregnant women.
Nigeria Prisons Service Recruitment 2018 Requirements :
- He/she must have passed WASC or SSSC with credits in not less than three (3) subjects including English.
- He/she must have also attempted National Examination Council (NECO)/General Certificate of Education (GCE) Ordinary Level with passes in four (4) subjects obtained at one sitting or five (5) subjects obtained at two sittings including English Language.)
- He/she must have a National Diploma (ND) obtained from a recognized institution.
- The National Certificate of Education (NCE) from a recognized institution; or
- He/she must have a General Certificate of Education (Advance Level) in two (2) subjects obtained at one sitting or three (3) subjects obtained at two sittings.)
How to Apply :
Applications shall be received at www.prisons.gov.ng. At present, Nigeria Prisons Service Recruitment 2018 portal is ongoing and you can apply at www.prisons.gov.ng. To view the available positions click here.