NDA Admission Form and Guidelines – 2018/2019
The military institution trains the officer corps of the Nigerian Army, Navy and Air Force with 5 years duration of study which includes 4 years of academic studies and 1 year of military training. Applicantions are accepted from all regions all part of Country and how to apply will not be a problem as the Guide on how to so is here listed
Like every other Institution, the Nigeria Defense Academy NDA has some requirements an applicant has to meet or possess before being admitted into her Institution, and the following are the requirements, as listed below;
- All applicants must have a minimum of 5 credit passes at O Level Certificate (WAEC, NECO, and GCE ) obtained in not more than two sittings relevant to the faculty of their choices. Check the website @ www.nda.edu.ng
At least one supporting relevant credit to the compulsory credits in Faculty of Arts and Science and Faculty of Science with at least a credit pass in English and Mathematics
- Parental/Guardian consent or attestation letter.
- All applicants must be at least 17 years and not older than 21 at the time of applying to enter into the academy, but those for Nigerian Air force must be 17 and 18 years old of age at the time of entry.
- All male applicants must not be less than 1.68 meters for male and 1.58 meters for female.
- Must be physically and medically fit
- Must be of good morals.
- Must be single male or female without legal obligation to support any child or other individuals.
- Present a Certificate of State of Origin obtained from a Local Government Area or a Certificate of State Indigene from the Office of the State Governor.
- Working knowledge of French Language will be an added advantage.
- Must have a jamb (Joint Admission and Matriculation Board) result.
See also:NDA Entrance Exam Date for 2018/2019
- Candidates on awaiting results are not qualified. Application forms submitted without results will not be accepted.
- Only examination results of not more than 5 years old from the date of examination will be accepted.
- Currently, admission into the Academy is for both male and female Nigerians only, and is limited to Navy and Air Force in the case of female candidates.
To apply for NDA admission, Applicants are to follow the procedures below:
- Interested candidates should log in to the application portal at: www.ndaapplications.net
- Proceed to click the Purchase Access Code button and pay online using ATM card on Remita.
- Upon successful payment of 3,500 Naira your ORDER ID and RRR Code will be issued which is required to continue the application process.
- Candidates can also copy the RRR code and take that to the nearest bank for payment with the sum of the 3,500 naira or conveniently pay online with Remital Account Transfer by simply selecting the payment method you would like to use and click ‘Pay with Remita’ which would be used to pay for your application.
Note: that only payments made with RRR codes generated via the portal would be accepted.
- After obtaining the paid RRR, you are to log on to the portal and click the login button to sign up with the paid RRR. 6) Then fill in your application, submit online and ensure to print out a copy for yourself.
Please note the following:
- First, you must apply JAMB to apply for the 69RC.
- Only candidates who score a minimum of 180(for Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Military Sciences and Interdisciplinary Studies) and 210(for Faculty of Engineering) in JAMB examination will be offered admission into the NDA.
- That only Registration number and subsequent JAMB results will be considered in the NDA admission process.
If you experience any difficulty with the application portal, kindly contact the portal managers via email –
If you are experiencing difficulties with your payment, please contact Remita via email –
OR FOR EASE OF REGISTRATION, YOU CAN TRY;
1. Obtain a PIN Code from any branch of Diamond Bank nationwide upon the payment of N1,000 Application Fee to the Cashier.
2. Logon to www.nda.edu.ng
3. Read the Qualification Criteria.
4. Click on ‘Register’ above to fill the registration form. Ensure you type the PIN Code obtained from the bank correctly.
Conditions for Entrance Exams
Only candidates who meet the JAMB national cutoff mark will be eligible to sit for the NDA Entrance Examination at their Examination Centre of choice.
The screening test will be conducted as phase one of the Post-UTME screening and is scheduled to hold on “Saturday 19th May, 2018”. Therefore, all eligible candidates are to bring along their Acknowledgement Form, Examination Admission Card, JAMB result slip and TWO (2) postcard sized (3.5 x 5 inches) photographs to the Examination Centre on the examination date. The photographs should show only from the chest upwards and should contain the candidate’s Name, Exam Number, State, Exam Centre, Course of study and Signature at the back. Only successful candidates at the NDA Entrance Examination will subsequently be invited for the Armed Forces Selection Board following which the list of admitted candidates will be published.
See also:Unicaribean Business School Programs, Admissions and Tuition Fees -2018
Nature and Duration of Training
Candidates admitted into NDA for Regular Course wilt , undergo military and academic training as Officer Cadets for a duration of 5 years for Nigerian Army cadets 4 years for Nigerian Navy and Nigerian Air force cadets. On successful completion of training, graduands will earn a honours degree in a core discipline (B.Sc, BEng, BA). They will equally earn a Presidential Commission into the Armed Forces of Nigeria.
NOTE: Registration is to be done once. If you have registered before just Login to continue filling your form.
1. On successful registration, you will receive a success email and SMS from ‘The Nigerian Defence Academy’.
2. Click on ‘Login’ to login, then you can start filling the forms.
3. Edit your Application Profile (This will require a passport photo and your biodata).
4. Edit your Institution Attended.
5. Edit your Qualifications (WASSCE, and other Certificates are entered here).
6. Select your choice of Service and Course.
7. Edit/Upload Documents (Attach your Certificates here). The declaration and submission form section will not be displayed until all sections have been filled.
8. Print your Acknowledgement / Exam Admission Card. Local Government Certification form and Declaration Form.
Application Closes 9th Faburary, 2018
NDA Postgraduate Degree Available Programmes Include;
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences.
1. Department of Accounting and Management. i. PhD Accounting.
2. Department of Economics.
i. PhD in Economics.
ii. MSc in Economics.
3. Department of Geography.
i. PhD Geography (Environmental Management).
ii. MSc Environmental Management.
iii. MSc Remote Sensing and Geographic Information
4. Department of History and International Studies.
i. PhD Military History.
ii. MA Military History.
5. Department of Political Science and Defense Studies.
i. PhD Defense and Strategic Studies.
ii. MSc Defense and Strategic Studies.
Faculty of Engineering.
6. Department of Electrical Electronics Engineering