In this page you come across the steps to process NYSC exemption certificate. However, there are some requirements for processing NYSC exemption certificate that all of you need to know.
Reasons For Processing NYSC Exemption Certificate
- He/she must be above the age of 30 years.
- He/she must have worked in the armed forces of the federation or the Nigeria Police for a period of more than 9 months or he/she must be a member of staff of any of the following:
- The Nigerian Security Organization or
- The State Security Service or
- The National Intelligence Agency or
- The Defence Intelligence Service. 3.He/she must have been conferred with any Honour at the National level.
If you fall in this categories then you automatically exempted from service and will be given a certificate of exemption.
Eligibility To Process NYSC Exemption Certificate
All Nigerian graduates whether home or abroad have the stipulated qualification of (B.Sc, B.A, HND) from approved or accredited institution by (NUC, NTBE, NCCE) are eligible for exemption certificate.
While foreign graduates must have to forward their certificates for Evaluation.
Process For Collection Of NYSC Certificate Of Exemption
Locally Trained Graduates
The process starts from the prospective corp producing institutions.
- The Tertiary Institution attended. The school submits the masters list of their graduates alongside with the senate approved results to NYSC.
- They should make sure they send a print out for processing by NYSC.
- With these print out, the certificate of exemption are produced documented and sent back to the institutions for issuance o the appropriate person.
Abroad Trained Graduates
- The process starts with the checking of related documents.
- After the evaluation of credentials the foreign trained graduate is then registered and this is physically done at the NYSC directorate headquaters, Abuja. It is at the point of registration that the classification of who to be called-up or who to be exempted; is determined.
- Certificate of exemption are therefore produced for those exempted from the service.
- The certificate of exemption for foreign graduates are to be taken to the NYSC directorate.
Please also be informed that the collection of certificate of exemption is according to the 3 batches of the service year, depending on the date of the registration.
Collection the exemption certificate must be with a means of identification.